DBA Survivor: Become a Rock Star DBA
Buy it now
One Minute Bottom Line
This wonderful book provides excellent material based on the valuable experience offered by the author and his Technical Reviewers and even by the Lead Editor about how to work in the DBA world.
This book offers a solid basis to give you an idea about how to start out on your first days as a DBA. Even if you're not a DBA yet, you will learn important ideas and perspectives that you can definitively apply in your work.
Here is the table of contents for this book:
- Chapter 01: How Did I Get Here?
- Chapter 02: Now What Do I Do?
- Chapter 03: Some Basics
- Chapter 04: A Development Server Is a Production Server to a Developer
- Chapter 05: Production Support
- Chapter 06: Basic Troubleshooting
- Chapter 07: Where's the Buffet?
- Chapter 08: Training, Get You Some of That
- Chapter 09: Connect. Learn. Share
- Chapter 10: Summary
What I liked:
- Valuable theory and important images, you can read the entire book comfortably
- The book draws on valuable experienc
- It covers crucial topics without overwhelming content
- You can learn new perspectives for specific topics
What I disliked:
- No deeper technical experiences were included where they would have been beneficial
If you want to see more details on the summaries of each chapter in this book, read my longer review.
(Note: Opinions expressed in this article and its replies are the opinions of their respective authors and not those of DZone, Inc.)