Oracle JDeveloper 11g R1 Released - New ALM, JSF and Excel Features Along With SOA and WebCenter
As part of the Fusion Middleware 11g announcment, Oracle also released today the latest version of its flagship IDE - Oracle JDeveloper 11g.
While the first release of Oracle JDeveloper 11g came out last year with hundreds of new features - including the Ajax enabled ADF Faces Rich Client, the taskflow extension to the JSF controller, and a host of enhancments in the core editor and IDE - this new version already boasts an impressive collection of additional new features in every area of the product.
Specific key new features are on:
- ALM - Oracle Team Producitvity Center plugs into third party repositories and offers ALM features inside JDeveloper along with advanced team development.
- Desktop Integration - a new capabilitiy that let you bind Excel user interface spreadsheets to data coming from Java objects and offering full update/insert/delete capabilities.
- ADF Faces - new advanced components such as a hierarchy viewer, calendar, dashboard, and now also supporting push to the client technology.
- SOA and WebCenter extensions - integrate the development side for the rest of the Fusion middleware into the tool
- WebLogic Suite 11g integraton - integrated WebLogic Server for running the application and easy deployment to other servers.
Lots of new features are in every other aspect of the product.
Check out the new feature list here.
Free download here.
(Note: Opinions expressed in this article and its replies are the opinions of their respective authors and not those of DZone, Inc.)