JavaOne Announcement: Java on iOS?
While many assume the new Apple App Store Guidelines are designed to accommodate Adobe, I think instead that Larry and Oracle got Steve and Apple to lay the groundwork for an iOS announcement at JavaOne 2010.
I'm looking at these facts:
- Apple and Adobe/Flash have a contentious relationship
- Apple and Google have a contentious relationship
- Google and Adobe are now great friends
- Oracle and Google have a contentious relationship
- Ellison and Jobs are great friends
How else to reclaim relevance for Java on mobile than to partner with the one company that appreciates what Oracle is doing to Google? With the one company that is run by your best friend? On whose board you serve?
(Note: Opinions expressed in this article and its replies are the opinions of their respective authors and not those of DZone, Inc.)