ColdFusion Builder 2.0 Start Page
ColdFusion Builder 2 Beta is out; you are either new or looking to know more about the newest features, and some HOW-TO information. With the new getting started experience, I’m sure you will spend more time exploring within ColdFusion Builder rather than searching on the web.
The Getting Started Page, the first thing displayed after you launch ColdFusion Builder, is a one stop location for most of the things you want to know about ColdFusion Builder 2. So if you have checked the option not to display Getting Started page again, you will really be missing out on lots of great resources to learn and use ColdFusion Builder. Yes, the Getting Started page can help you beyond getting started.
I opted to not display Getting Started page
Not a problem; you can also launch Getting Started page from the Help menu (Help > Adobe ColdFusion Builder Start page).
And now, how does it help?
Not just now, even later, the page can help you as the Getting Started Page has a lot of content dynamically loaded, when you are connected to the internet.
Here is a snapshot of what the Getting Started Experience is:
- Getting Started Videos: Currently you have three video walks you through
1) Project and server setup
2) Debugger setup
3) Editor Enhancements in ColdFusion Builder 2
- Online resources: Apart from the videos, there are links to a multitude of articles and online videos. Links provided under Videos (in the “Other Resources” section) point to online video content around ColdFusion Builder 2 and ColdFusion 9 features such as ORM and caching.
- Extensions: One of the coolest and most loved features in ColdFusion Builder is extensions. Extensions let you add functionality to ColdFusion Builder using CFML. Check out this section to try out extensions built by the vibrant ColdFusion community. Installing Extensions from the Getting Started page is just a one click task.
- Tips: Under Video section, you will see link to advanced tips. This is the best place to learn some tips and tricks around ColdFusion Builder and to discover those small useful functionalities which one would otherwise miss. Random, one tip is displayed and you can check all the tips by clicking Show All button. Also note that these tips get regularly updated. So you will keep on seeing more and more useful tips.
- News Feeds: Keep yourself updated with happenings in the ColdFusion world. Find links to Must read Blogs, learn about latest updates, surveys etc. around ColdFusion from here.
- Recent files: This is a very handy; get quick access to files you have been editing, without searching them in projects.
(Note: Opinions expressed in this article and its replies are the opinions of their respective authors and not those of DZone, Inc.)