I read Carmack’s thoughts on static analysis a few weeks ago and his reports on the effectiveness of tools for analysis of C++ code chimed with my own experiences with Java tools such as FindBugs and IntelliJ IDEA.
I decided to give ClojureScript a try. It did not come easy, because I found the official documentation somewhat complicated. I know there is ClojureScript One, but that project also is not as simple as it could be.
Servlet and JSP have evolved over the years, and these days there is often more than one way to do things. For example, this tutorial uses EL and JSTL not JSP scriptlets, it uses JSPs in a Model 2/MVC style not in a model 1 style, etc. This tutorial focuses on using Servlet's and JSP the right way, not the legacy way.
One of the algorithms that we tried out for this problem was a variation on the k-means clustering one, whereby we took the values at each pixel location for each of the labels and came up with an average value for each pixel.