Teiid is a project consisting of tools, components, and services for generating and executing bi-directional data services. With abstraction and federation utilities, Teiid allows data to be accessed and integrated across distributed data sources in real time. It does this without copying or moving data from its system of record.
In this release you will find many simplifications within the list of new features:
- Teiid now runs inside the JBoss Application Server. This change brings several major benefits explained in detail in five blog posts.
- Connector development is simpler after being split into the Teiid Translator API (largely defined by a single class) and JCA.
- Redesigned text and web service integration is now simpler.
- Nearly all of SQL/XML 2003 support has been added, as well as XMLTABLE and XMLQUERY from SQL/XML 2006.
- Enhanced JAAS based security; Many out of the box implementations available.
- Support for JCA based connectors.
- JOPR web-based administration and monitoring tool.
- Groovy-based scripting environment for administrative tasks.
- Updated and expanded documentation.
- Significantly better performance with improvements to buffering, threading, and caching
If you're interested in the next release. check out the Teiid 7.1 roadmap.