SuperListView: A Library to Simplify Android's ListView
Android's ListView can be kind of a pain. We've seen some useful resources for it in the past - Antoine Merle's two-part series on the ViewHolder and displaying images, for example - but if you're still trying to improve your ListView experience, you might be interested in Quentin Dommerc's SuperListView.
SuperListView's purpose is pretty straightforward: to simplify Android's ListView. As far as features go, Dommerc lists a few on GitHub:
- ProgressBar while adapter hasn't been set
- EmptyView if adapter is empty
- SwipeRefreshLayout (Google's one)
- Infinite scrolling, when you reach the X last item, load more of them.
- Swipe To Dismiss for the SuperListView (doesn't make sense for a gridview) (Thanks Roman Nurik)
- GridView with SuperGridView
He also includes dependency information, as well as complete usage instructions. Check out the GitHub page for more details and see if you can make ListViews a bit more manageable.