Project Floodlight: A Java-based OpenFlow Controller
Ever heard of Project Floodlight? It's a Java-based, Apache-licensed OpenFlow controller that you can use to help build a software-defined network. Here's a short presentation on it:
Here's some more info from Project Floodlight:
- OpenFlow – works with physical- and virtual- switches that speak the OpenFlow protocol
- Apache-licensed – lets you use Floodlight for almost any purpose
- Open community - Floodlight is developed by an open community of developers. We welcome code contributions from active participants and we’ll openly share information on project status, roadmap, bugs, etc.
- Easy to Use- Floodlight is drop dead simple to build and run. Read through the Documentation (link)
- Tested and Supported – Floodlight is the core of a commercial controller product from Big Switch Networks (link) and is actively tested and improved by a community of professional developers.