Oracle 1-year Review
It's been about a year now since Oracle aquired Sun. Here is a short review of what happened since then:
- Oracle pulled the plug on the servers of the PostgreSQL build farm with no warning, see here.
- Oracle kills OpenSolaris? OpenSolaris Board Quits En Masse, see here and here.
- Prominent Sun employees leave the company, including James Gosling, Tim Bray, Simon Phipps, Tor Norbye, Kohsuke Kawaguchi, see here.
- Oracle sues Google over use of Java-related patents in Android's Dalvik VM and SDK, see here.
- OpenOffice.org declares independence from Oracle, becomes LibreOffice, see here.
- Doug Lea leaves the JCP, see here.
- Oracle nominates Hologic for JCP, see here.
- Java SE 7 and SE 8 specs move forward amid protest, see here.
- Tim Peierls resigned from JCP EC, see here.
- Apache resigns from JCP EC, see here.
- Hudson wants to move from Oracle. This story is still going on, see here and here.
- Ruby on Rails support discontinued in NetBeans IDE, see here.
(Note: Opinions expressed in this article and its replies are the opinions of their respective authors and not those of DZone, Inc.)