My O’Reilly Interview: Telling the Project Sputnik Story
Some of the ground I cover:
- How Sputnik came to be and our biggest challenge
- The three main components: XPS 13 developer edition, the Profile Tool and the cloud launcher
- Our recently announced three free months on the Joyent Cloud
- Getting some help from an internal development team
Update Regarding Profile Tool Help
The internal team that I mentioned in the video is gearing up to get cracking on the profile tool. The idea is first to gather requirements and user stories and then get jammin’ with design and development sprints. It looks like after a bunch of false starts we are ready to push this in to high gear. Look for an update next week.
Extra Credit Reading
- Will developers move to Sputnik? The past, present, and future of Dell’s project – O’Reilly programming
- Connecting the client to the cloud, The Sputnik Story – Slideshare
Pau for now ...
(Note: Opinions expressed in this article and its replies are the opinions of their respective authors and not those of DZone, Inc.)