Last week I managed to schedule sessions I would like to attend. The topics are interesting and technical - really looking forward to it. Product pitches are non existent - at least I didn't found any. From the topic / session perspective - I am really looking forward to this conference. From the content perspective it should be at least as good as the previous ones. (I will miss, however, the "Xtreme GUI Makeover")
The schedule builder software isn't a usability show case:
- The window in the left lower corner is way to small. Even on high resolution it was hard to see all sessions at a glance
- There is no clean separation between the conferences - so you get overwhelmed with sessions. There should be a clear separations between JavaOne and Oracle Develop. I would like to be able to explicitly choose between conferences. It was not only hard to find the JavaOne talks, but also Oracle Develop like e.g MySQL and virtualization because of this interference as well.
- Its really hard to find the time slots. I used the try-and-error strategy, but was time intensive
- I didn't managed to find a direct link to the talks. I always have to use the advance search to find my own talks. (a bit REST could be a solution for this problem)
- Why nothing happens on Wednesday after 5 p.m.? I miss the BoFs
See you, however, at JavaOne. If you think Java EE 6 is complicated, slow or whatever - prepare your questions and attend my talk: S319369 The Feel of Java EE 6: Interactive Onstage Hacking (Wednesday). I will spend 30 seconds with slides and 55 minutes in the IDE and implement functional Java EE application with CDI, JPA, Servlets 3, JSF 2, REST, EJB 3.1, some mocks and units test without using any generators, prepared templates, wizards or other unfair stuff :-).
I will probably deploy it ~100 times - and you will not even noticed that. I'm seriously thinking about implementing a Schedule Builder during this session :-).