JavaOne 2009 Predictions
As I did last year, I've decided to make some predictions about this year's JavaOne.
- JavaFX Designer: Apparently it wasn't ready last year, now they've put more effort on it (read Tor Norbye) and I guess it will be shown to this year Javaone.
- Oracle: Oracle will come to main session to say how much they support Java and the developer community
- JRockit and HotSpot: Merge between the 2 JVM
- Project Kenia: Sun's successor to java.net
- New releases: JavaEE 6, Glassfish v3 (preview), NetBeans 6.7, Java FX SDK 2.0 preview
- App store: App store for mobile applications (Project Vector).
- Java 7: Jigsaw, invoke dynamic, garbage collector G1, Swing app framework not included.
- JavaFX: Sony/Ericsson releasing their first JavaFX phone, demo of JavaFX on TV.
Also what we won't see: No Java on iPhone or Java 6 update 10 on Mac OS X.
(Note: Opinions expressed in this article and its replies are the opinions of their respective authors and not those of DZone, Inc.)