GridGain 6.0: Open Sourced Under Apache 2.0
First of all, let’s get this out of the way.
GridGain 6.0 is:
- The most advanced In-Memory Computing Platform
- 9 months of hard work, over 1000 issues closed.
- Lives at www.gridgain.org
- Licensed under Apache 2.0 – no buts, no ifs.
- Developed and hosted 100% on GitHub – fork it!
- Enterprise support provided by GridGain Systems
- And most importantly…
GridGain 6.0 is hands down the Most Advanced Open Source In-Memory Computing Platform generally available today
Here’s What New:
Lots of news and enhancements which we’ll be detailing in the coming days and weeks on this and other blogs. Among chief of them are:
- Significantly reworked and simplified APIs for the main functional areas like compute grid and data grid.
- Bi-directional WAN Data Center Replication across different geographies.
- Massive improvements in data grid.
- Improved performance against all internal benchmarks. We are now winning 100% of all internal benchmarks against all competitive products and project. That was bulk of the work for the last 9 months for the entire team.
- Eliminated all previously deprecated code.
- Significant improvements in Visor – GridGain’s Management and Monitoring console.
- Cumulative bug fixes have all been ported in.
(Note: Opinions expressed in this article and its replies are the opinions of their respective authors and not those of DZone, Inc.)