This tutorial will walk you through how to implement a CRUD (Create, Read, Update, Delete) DataGrid using ExtJS 4.2, Spring MVC 3.2.4 and Maven with NetBeans IDE 7.3.
What do we usually want to do with data?
- Create (Insert)
- Read / Retrieve (Select)
- Update (Update)
- Delete / Destroy (Delete)
In this example, I’m going to use JSON as a data format exchange between the browser and the server.
1. Create a new Project in NetBeans IDE
- Go to File > New Project or press ctrl+shift+N
- Select maven > Project from Archetype and click next
- In the search-box write extjs and select extjs-springmvc-webapp and click next
- Enter Project Name, Location, and Package and click finish