EclipseLink 2.5 Release Available for Download
How to Get EclipseLink 2.5
You can download the EclipseLink install from:
<dependency> <groupId>org.eclipse.persistence</groupId> <artifactId>org.eclipse.persistence.moxy</artifactId> <version>2.5.0</version> </dependency>Key Features
In this release we have focused on making it even easier to use MOXy in RESTful services. Below are they key items:
MOXy is the binding layer that powers the XML and JSON messages for JPA-RS. We have done alot of work in this release to make this integration seamless.
Object graphs provide a convenient way to interact with part of your domain model. This is very useful in RESTful services when you want to keep your messages as concise as possible.
- MOXy's Object Graphs - Input/Output Partial Models to/from XML & JSON
- MOXy's Object Graphs - Partial Models on the Fly to/from XML & JSON
- MOXy's Object Graphs & Dynamic JAXB
- MOXy's Object Graphs - Handling Inheritance
Below are some enhancements we made to our mappings that directly apply to the creation of RESTful services.
- Binding to JSON & XML - Handling Collections
- MOXy's @XmlInverseReference is now Truly Bidirectional
- We have enhanced our predicate based mapping (see Map to an Element based on an Attribute Value with EclipseLink JAXB (MOXy)) so that you can map to elements with and without the target attribute.
JAX-RS Related Enhacements
- MOXy and JSON with Padding
- We've tweaked MOXyJSONProvider to work a wider range of JAX-RS implementations.
Bugs & Enhancements
Below is a link to all the bugs and enhancements that were fixed in the JAXB and SDO components in EclipseLink 2.5 (and 2.4.2):
- MOXy bugs & enhancements fixed in EclipseLink 2.5
- MOXy bugs & enhancements fixed in EclipseLink 2.4.2
Work has already begun on the next release of EclipseLink JAXB (MOXy).
log an enhancement request and/or consider becoming a committer on the project. In the meantime check out EclipseLink 2.5:
(Note: Opinions expressed in this article and its replies are the opinions of their respective authors and not those of DZone, Inc.)