A lot has happened in the cloud industry since the release of our 2014 Guide to Continuous Delivery in April, which is why we are providing monthly industry news updates to keep our community truly updated. Here are the major happenings up through May 19th:
"Chef announced that #ChefConf 2014 will unveil a software and services ecosystem that helps businesses move faster and meet customer demands. The company today also unveiled new partnerships and product enhancements that make it easier for enterprises of all sizes to automate through code and standardize on the Chef platform."
- "Bamboo users love the native detection of Bitbucket repos: Simply enter your Bitbucket account info when adding a repo, and select from the repositories you have access to. Now we’ve extended that same ease of use to repositories hosted in Stash, our on-premises Git repository manager. Connecting Bamboo to Stash with an application link is all it takes to make every repo available instantly. Even if you’re not an admin or contributor to a Stash repo, you can still include it in your builds."
- "The Cloud marketplace will initially launch services ranging from big data analytics to security and mobile, with provider partners including Zend, SendGrid, MongoDB, NewRelic, Redis Labs, Sonian, Flow Search Corp, Twilio, and Ustream. IBM is also accelerating its expansion of the BlueMix open cloud platform. When it launched BlueMix with a billion-dollar investment back in February."
- "Chef released results from a sweeping new survey that indicates the emergence of a power class of developers. The findings show that developers are starting to be recognized as a highly influential population both in business and in society. An overwhelming majority of developers – 93 percent – feel empowered to experiment in their companies, and 94 percent believe they will be a revolutionary influence in the private sector, government and non-profits during the next five years."
- "Zend, the PHP Company, today announced a partnership with IBM that brings the power of PHP 5.5 and Zend Server to the IBM Cloud marketplace. Starting today, IBM clients can use the IBM Marketplace to access the full power of Zend Server, the enterprise-class platform for PHP applications."
- "Chef announced that the company is working with a diverse group of leading
technology providers. Their goal is to enable enterprise businesses to
better deliver their goods and services to customers. Chef’s
comprehensive partner program provides technology partners with a direct
route to tight integration with Enterprise Chef.
The program includes joint marketing and sales opportunities and access
to extensive training resources. Through a series of collaborative
engineering, marketing, and sales efforts, Chef and its technology
providers are turbocharging businesses."
- "Given Continuous Delivery is predicated upon the optimization of product
integrity, lead times, and organizational structure in order to deliver
business value faster, the creation of cross-functional product teams
is a textbook example of how to optimize an organization for Continuous
- "Chef today announced new Windows and Microsoft Azure automation capabilities, empowering developers to accelerate software and service delivery. Chef provides a single platform for automating Windows and Linux systems on-premise and in Azure. By delivering native integration with Windows PowerShell and the Azure portal, Chef enables Windows users to easily manage on-premises workloads and streamline migrations to Azure."
To read more about the state of the cloud industry, download the 2014 Guide to Continuous Delivery and get your knowledge base updated!