Today, about two months after the announcement of the Docker-RedHat collaboration and not long after dotCloud became Docker, Inc., there is a major new release of Docker that proclaims unequivocal support for all Linux distributions, including RHEL, which RedHat was eager to implement.
Here were the other big features that Docker 0.7 showcased this week:
- Feature 1: Standard Linux support
- Feature 2: Storage drivers
- Feature 3: Offline transfer
- Feature 4: Links
- Feature 5: Container naming
- Feature 6: Advanced port redirects
- Feature 7: Quality
You can learn about those minimal descriptions in the Docker 0.7 announcement post.