Before we proceed, make sure you review the requirements in this section.
This tutorial assumes that you have some basic knowledge of, or programming experience with, the following technologies.
- JavaServer Faces (JSF) with Facelets
- Enterprise Java Beans (EJB) 3/3.1
- Java Persistence API (JPA)
- Basic knowledge of using NetBeans IDE will help to reduce the time required to do this tutorial
Software needed for this Tutorial
Before you begin, you need to download and install the following software on your computer:
- NetBeans IDE 6.8 (Java pack), http://www.netbeans.org
- Glassfish Enterprise Server v3, https://glassfish.dev.java.net
- PrimeFaces Component Library, http://www.primefaces.org
- Sample database installed along with NetBeans IDE:
- The Glassfish Enterprise Server is included in the Java pack of NetBeans IDE, however, Glassfish can be installed separately from the IDE and added later into Servers services in the IDE.
- A copy of the working solution is included here if needed.