Data News: Time Series Analyses in R, and More
Some writings worth reading:
- [dataviz] ” Diving into today’s rosy jobs report” http://bloomberg.com/dataview/2013-11-08/l … by @M_C_Klein
- (so true) “The Worst Twitter Graphic Yet” http://bloomberg.com/news/2013-11-07/the-worst-… by @ritholtz here it is
- “Economics lecturers accused of clinging to pre-crash fallacies” http://theguardian.com/education/2013/nov/10/… via @moorehn and @rszbt
- “Science and Its Skeptics” http://newyorker.com/online/blogs/elements/2013/11/… by @GaryMarcus
- “They Loved Your G.P.A. Then They Saw Your Tweets.” http://nytimes.com/2013/11/10/… via @angelagreca
- “High Finance” (via http://blogs.rockymountainnews.com/denver/stein/ … )
- “English Proficiency Falters Among the French” http://nytimes.com/2013/11/11/world/europe/… via @SoleneRoulet
- “Is 8 A.M.really the best time to drink your morning coffee?” http://fastcodesign.com/3020940/ … “think again…”
- “Using R for Time Series Analysis” …http://a-little-book-of-r-for-time-series.readthedocs.org/… via @moftasa see also @robjhyndman‘s https://otexts.org/fpp/ on forecasting. See also ”steal this book” http://stat.pitt.edu/stoffer/tsa3/
- “Global Risks Report 2013″ the report http://weforum.org/docs/WEF… and the data http://reports.weforum.org/global-risks-2013/section… see e.g.
- “Probability, Gambling and the Origins of Risk Management” http://moaf.org/publications-collections/…
- “Statistical significance as explained by The Economist” https://xianblog.wordpress.com/2013/11/07/ …
- “How the emergence of actuarial math stifled charity” http://magic-maths-money.blogspot.co.uk/2013/11 … by @TCJUK
- “Worry Over Inequality Occupies Wall Street” http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/… by @jdlahart see
- “Why do probabilists take random variables to be Borel (and not Lebesgue) measurable?” http://mathoverflow.net/questions/31603/… via @CjBayesian
- “Is It O.K. to Kill Cyclists?” http://nytimes.com/2013/11/10/opinion/sunday/… via @felixsalmon
- “Outsource Your Way to Success” http://nytimes.com/2013/11/10/magazine/outsource… via @guillaume_all
- “Comparing Vastly Different Body Types of Olympic Athletes” http://mymodernmet.com/profiles/blogs/… (see http://howardschatz.com/ ) e.g.
- awesome! “These Fascinating Maps Show The Origin Of Words We Use All The Time” http://businessinsider.com/european-maps… e.g. “beer”
- “Your A/B Testing Isn’t Working Nearly as Well as You Think” http://wired.com/opinion/2013/11/…
- “Balance” http://scienceblogs.com/pharyngula/2013/11/ … by @pzmyers via @Scienceblogs
- “The Cheerleader Effect: Why You’re More Attractive in a Group” http://bigthink.com/think-tank/the-…
- [U.S.] “What industry owns your state?” http://mojo.ly/HE9uMU via @Wikisteff and @JillEBond
- “Canada is probably the most vulnerable country to the consequences of environmental change” http://thestar.com/news/gta/2013/11/08/… via @andrew_leach
- http://newyorker.com/humor/issuecartoons/2013/11/11/… see
Did I miss something?
- I almost forgot…. here is the first animated gif created, like ever !
(Note: Opinions expressed in this article and its replies are the opinions of their respective authors and not those of DZone, Inc.)