Apache Lucene and Solr 4.2
Today Apache Lucene and Solr PMC announced another version of Apache Lucene library and Apache Solr search server numbred 4.2. This is a next release continuing the 4th version of both Apache Lucene and Apache Solr.
Here are some of the changes that were made comparing to the 4.1 version:
- New, default codec with default term vectors compression and more efficient DocValues format
- Refactoring and performance improvement to faceting module
- FST structure now supports data in size above 2GB
- API for index structure allowing for schema.xml elements fetching
- DocValues support
- Collections aliasing
- Custom node names for SolrCloud deployments
- Enchantments that comes with Apache Lucene 4.2
Apache Lucene 4.2 library can be downloaded from the following address: http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/lucene/java/. Apache Solr 4.2 can be downloaded at the following URL address: http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/lucene/solr/. Please remember that the mirrors are just starting to update so not all of them will contain the 4.2 version of Lucene and Solr.
(Note: Opinions expressed in this article and its replies are the opinions of their respective authors and not those of DZone, Inc.)