5 SharePoint Apps That Will Take Your Enterprise Process To The Next Level
Microsoft SharePoint has gained immense popularity as a collaboration platform/tool across the globe. According to the recent research from the AIIM (Association for information and image management); in almost 22% of the organizations, employees prefer to use SharePoint as a collaboration tool! Also, there are tons of fortune 500 companies all over the world have entrusted Microsoft SharePoint to accomplish their business needs & deeds.
Content management, enterprise social networking, intranet and extranet portal creation, project and workflow management, business intelligence and enterprise search are a few of the different apps offered by SharePoint. However, this amazing Microsoft product is not restricted to content management only. It is more than just a simple document management.
Today, enterprises or organizations use SharePoint to do lots of different things or to carry out the same things in different ways. Apart from a collaboration tool, business can extend the functionality of SharePoint with the help of the “apps”. Apps are nothing but a small piece of code that is integrated with SharePoint in order to help enterprises to customize it to fulfill their ever changing business needs & deeds.
SharePoint brings a comprehensive list of apps for the enterprises that would help them perform various enterprise-level tasks on the go. Starting from customization, advanced data protection, enterprise social networking, and mobile collaboration to the business analytics, apps brings a lot of features and benefits for the enterprises. Apart from all these, there are certain apps available for the mobile devices that would allow the business users to access their documents on the fly.
Let’s take a look at the top 5 Microsoft SharePoint apps that you can use for your business:
· SharePlus: Available for iOS and Android Smartphone devices, this is an amazing app that makes sharing simple through SharePoint over the mobile devices. It is available in both, free and premium versions. Customizable “LaunchPads”, search or filter information, ease of creating charts and pivot tables and online/offline document editing are a few of the major features you can leverage from SharePlus full/premium version.
· DocAve: It is an enterprise-class management platform for SharePoint. DocAve simplifies the deployment, tracking and implementation of the SharePoint Server 2013 and SharePoint online governance policies. Apart from this, it also brings pleasant user experience and tons of other document migration, integration and data management capabilities for your business. You can download this app from AvePoint.
· MyView: Another app from AvePoint, which has won the “Best SharePoint 2013 app” at the European SharePoint Community Awards. MyView magnifies the productivity of the Microsoft SharePoint 2013 by providing support for on-premises and online version of SharePoint 2013/2010, MOSS 2007 and Exchange 2013/2010. It also brings features like aggregation and synchronization of SharePoint calendar and task lists, reliable access to update calendar and tasks by leveraging from the cloud computing and so on.
· OurCRM: It is a full-fledge CRM application running on the SharePoint platform. You can easily choose from the Standard, Professional and Enterprise versions based on your business requirements. Also, it brings tons of bolt-on solutions that will allow enterprises to customize the app to their ever changing business needs & deeds.
· TPG Risk Chart: It is a most effective and amazing way to visualize product risks through classic RAG statuses in the form of a 5x5 square matrix. It can be easily integrated with the risk list within the SharePoint project sites. It greatly enhances your business project risk management process. The risk chart enables interaction between the project teams while explaining the risks associated with the projects.
Microsoft has introduced tons of enhancements in SharePoint in the past few years to make it compatible for the enterprises. Therefore, it would be unfair to consider SharePoint just as a collaboration tool. With the help of the apps discussed above, SharePoint enables business to complete their day-to-day activities on the go! What’s your take on this? Share your views in the comments…!
(Note: Opinions expressed in this article and its replies are the opinions of their respective authors and not those of DZone, Inc.)