yWorks UML Doclet: now fully functional Community Edition available free of charge
yWorks, a leading provider of diagramming components for Java, Adobe Flex, Microsoft
Silverlight, and .NET applications, has released the new fully functional, free-of-charge
yWorks UML Doclet Community Edition.
This Javadoc extension automatically generates clear and concise UML diagrams from your Java software project's classes and integrates them into the generated API documentation.
yWorks UML Doclet enhances your Java API documentation process by:
- An XML-based mechanism to define new custom tags.
- The possibility of excluding specific classes, methods, or fields from the generated documentation.
Automatic diagramming for documented types and packages:
- Diagrams can be embedded in the generated HTML pages using various file formats: SVG (Scalable Vector Graphics), SWF, PNG, GIF, or JPG files.
- Diagrams feature hyperlinks, allowing direct access to the documentation of the displayed packages, types, and type members.
- Diagrams can be customized through style files.
yWorks UML Doclet Community Edition is freely available and runs on Windows, Mac OS, and Linux. Download the software from the yWorks UML Doclet home page and add UML diagrams to your Java software project's API documentation today!
yWorks specializes in the development of professional software solutions that enable the clear visualization of diagrams and networks. yWorks has brought together efficient data structures, complex algorithms, and advanced techniques that provide excellent user interaction. Our yFiles product family offers high-quality diagramming for Java and .NET applications as well as for browser applications based on Adobe Flex, Micrososft Silverlight, or Ajax technology.
(Note: Opinions expressed in this article and its replies are the opinions of their respective authors and not those of DZone, Inc.)