ThinkUI SQL Client 1.0.8: New Batch Code Generation Feature
ThinkUI Software Inc. is pleased to announce the availability of ThinkUI SQL Client 1.0.8.
About:The ThinkUI SQL Client is a graphical program that allows Java developers to browse a database structure, edit data in the tables, issue SQL queries, and generate code (e.g. Java Bean, DAO, SQL queries, JSP files, etc.) based on customizable Velocity templates.
Changes:The main feature of this release is support for "batch" code generation via Apache Ant.
Features Added in Version 1.0.8
- Added support for SQLClient "batch" mode to support custom code generation via Ant (class thinkui.sqlclient.ant.GenerateTask in batch/thinkui_sqlclient_ant.jar)
- Added support for generating Ant build.xml file for all tables matching a given pattern (class thinkui.sqlclient.ant.GenerateCodeGenBuildXMLCommand in batch/thinkui_sqlclient_ant.jar)
- Added support for filtering DB_CONNECTION records in various viewers.
- Added "New" button for creating a new Query in "List Queries" viewer.
- Improved error handling by displaying any error encountered when executing a command in a popup dialog (as well as displaying it in the message bar).
Bugs Fixed in Version 1.0.8
- Fixed stack overflow bug with DB connection pick list in the Generate Code viewer.
- Disabled "Apply" button when a given data object does not have a primary key.
- Display an error message when "OK" or "Apply" is pressed and no data is provided for a new data object.
(Note: Opinions expressed in this article and its replies are the opinions of their respective authors and not those of DZone, Inc.)