Tapestry 5.1 final release now available
The stable release for Tapestry 5.1, release 126.96.36.199, is now available for download.
Tapestry 5.1 includes a large number of improvements to the speed and scalability of Tapestry without sacrificing backwards compatibility. However, you should still consult the upgrade notes, which identify a couple of minor "gotchas".
Major improvements from Tapestry 5.0 to Tapestry 5.1:
- Performance optimizations that speed rendering of very complex pages, and reduce memory usage
- Automatic GZIP compression of static and dynamic content, for clients that support it
- Significant improvements to Tapestry's property expression language
- Partial page updates (via Ajax) may now update multiple client-side Zones
- Many new features and improvements to Tapestry template files
- Improved client- and server-side validation of numeric input values
- User's preferred locale is now encoded into the URL, rather than stored in a cookie
- A new ProgressiveDisplay component for incremental page loading
- Vastly improved Maven Quickstart Archetype
- New Tapestry IoC features to make it easier to override services and contributions to service configurations
- Many new localizations of validation messages
- Component reference documentation now identifies events triggered by components
- Really slick new client-side logging facility (based on Blackbird)
- New API for URL rewriting (to provide improved control over Tapestry URLs)
... and many, many more bug fixes and improvements; full details are available in the release notes.
(Note: Opinions expressed in this article and its replies are the opinions of their respective authors and not those of DZone, Inc.)