Synthetica V2.17 Enterprise Look and Feel released
We are pleased to announce the release of Synthetica V2.17.0 and SyntheticaAddons V1.8.0. Please find all major improvements below - a complete list of changes can be found at Synthetica changelog and SyntheticaAddons changelog.
New Synthetica Features
- New theme SyntheticaBlueLight
- Fade-In support for popup menus.
- Panel background painter support for active and inactive windows.
- Selected state support for JTree node icons.
- TitledBorder painter supports content fill.
- Improved hover support for scrollbars.
- Improved support for horizontal popup menus.
- WinKey support to restore maximized windows by shortcut WinKey+VK_DOWN.
- FileChooser - newly created directory entries will be selected.
- JTabbedPane - new UI-property to specify size for scroll buttons.
- Updated themes - SyntheticaAluOxide, SyntheticaClassy, SyntheticaSimple2D.
Highlights BlueLight Theme
- Window Shape and Background Texture - The BlueLight theme provides a rounded rectangle shape for windows with background texture and a nice gradient fill.
- Text Shadow Effects - As you can see in the screenshot below a subtle text shadow effect is used for some components.
- Animation for Default Buttons - A glow animation effect appears for the default button.
- Button Glow on Hover - Another nice glow effect appears when the mouse is moved over a button. The foreground color appears inversed on hover.
- Special Shape for Toplevel PopupMenus - For toplevel popup menus a special shape with a triangle for the selected menu entry is used.
- Fade-In Animation and Shadow Effect for Popups - Popups (even ComboBox popups) appear with a fade-in effect and a shadow effect around the popup.
- Focus Aware CellRenderer - In BlueLight all default renderers are focus aware.
The SyntheticaTunes mockup application demonstrates all features of the BlueLight theme - feel free to give it a try Synthetica BlueLight Tunes Demo.
New SyntheticaAddons Features
- Support for SyntheticaBlueLight theme.
- New components for toplevel menus with a collapsible horizontal content area - XMenuBar, XMenu, XSubmenu, XMenuItem.
- New simple layout manager to layout components horizontally - HorizontalLayout.
- JYTaskPane - new UI-property to collapse on mousePressed instead of mouseClicked.
- TaskPaneContainer - new UI-properties to set opacity and image painter stretch policy.
- DropDownButton - added hover and pressed state support for arrow icon.
- SimpleDropDownButton - added hover and pressed state support for arrow icon.
- ToolBar - added hover and pressed state support for arrow icon.
- SwitchButton - new UI-property to specify alpha value for disabled switch text.
- Updated SwingX library (V1.6.5-1).
Product LinksSynthetica Look And Feel
DemoCenter application and other Demos
(Note: Opinions expressed in this article and its replies are the opinions of their respective authors and not those of DZone, Inc.)