SIwpas - Simple Web Profile Application Server Beta is Released
What is SIwpas?
Main motivation behind this project is to bundle and if necessary
integrate "The Apache Software Foundation" "Java EE Web Profile
specification" implementations with "Apache Tomcat 7". Initially we
bundle and integrate the following Apache projects.
- Apahce OpenWebBeans : For JSR-299 and JSR-330 support
- Apache MyFaces : For JSR-314
- Apache OpenJPA : For JSR-317
It is necessary?
While developing Java EE web applications, most companies and developers use lightweight application servers, like Apache Tomcat. But most web application needs enterprise functionality that is more than JSP & Servlet technology. Therefore, developers begin to bundle those enterprise library dependencies into their applications. It creates a complexity and management overhead.
With SIwpas, our main motivation items,
- Staying with lightweight servers, specifically Apache Tomcat
- Bundle enterprise web projects real needs into it
- If needed, extend it with small and well-defined maven projects
SIwpas beta version is released. You could download and try the beta
version. This version includes the
- Apache Tomcat Beta
- Apache MyFaces
- Apache OpenJPA
- Apache OpenWebBeans
Download the SIwpas from : http://code.google.com/p/siwpas/
(Note: Opinions expressed in this article and its replies are the opinions of their respective authors and not those of DZone, Inc.)