QuartzDesk 1.3.2 Released
The QuartzDesk team is happy to announce the 1.3.2 maintenance release of QuartzDesk.
This release contains two important bug-fixes. Please see the release notes for details.
Because we did not announce a couple of previous releases, let us briefly summarize the changes in those releases since the last announced 1.2.0 release.
• New Currently Executing Jobs tab allowing you to view all currently executing jobs.
• Support for interrupting executing jobs.
• Real-time viewing of log messages produced by currently executing jobs.
Before this Christmas we are planning to release 1.4.0 that, besides numerous fixes and improvements, is going to bring the following functionality:
• Support for SNMPv1, SNMPv2c and SNMPv3 message channels that can your your favorite SNMP-enabled Network Monitoring System to monitor Quartz jobs and triggers.
• Visual trigger editors that allow you to add new and edit existing triggers. All 6 types of triggers will be supported for Quartz 1.8.x up to the latest Quartz 2.2.1 version. As far as we know, QuartzDesk is going to the very first visual tool to provide these features!
QuartzDesk is an advanced Java Quartz scheduler management and monitoring GUI with many powerful and unique features:
• Support for Quartz 1.x and 2.x schedulers.
• Support for JMX-RMI, JMXMP and REMOTING-JMX (JBoss) protocols.
• Persistent job execution history.
• Job execution log messages interception (supported for jul, log4j, log4j2, logback).
• Interactive execution statistics and charts.
• REST API for job / trigger / scheduler monitoring.
• QuartzAnywhere web-service to manage / monitor Quartz schedulers from external apps.
• and more.
The product is aimed at all Java developers using the Quartz scheduler in their applications, testers, as well as system administrators / operations personnel looking after these applications.
(Note: Opinions expressed in this article and its replies are the opinions of their respective authors and not those of DZone, Inc.)