Pulse Continuous Integration Server 2.0
Zutubi is excited to announce the release of Pulse 2.0! This release combines two huge new features: templated configuration and plugins, which we have deliberately added together to allow them to combine seamlessly. The new configuration system has a very visible impact, including a whole-new configuration UI, but more importantly makes extending Pulse much easier. This applies not just to us but all plugin authors: we've spent significant effort making the plugin system simple!
For those wanting more details on what's new, here goes:
- Templated Configuration: this allows you to manage projects with similar configurations intuitively and avoid maintainance headaches (keep your config DRY).
- New Configuration UI: a new, AJAX-powered interface which improves usability and responsiveness.
- Plugins: a standards-based OSGi plugin system designed so that plugin authors never need to worry about boring details (configuration CRUD is handled automagically).
- Fine-grained Security: use granular project, agent and server permissions to take full control of your installation.
- Improved Reporting UI: both the dashboard and browse views have been overhauled to fit more information in less space.
- Predictable URLs: Pulse web interface URLs are now human-readable and guessable, and allow easy linking to things like the latest successful build.
- Flexible Build Hooks: you can now trigger hooks both pre- and post-build or manually as part of your custom workflow.
- Integrated Help: the new configuration interface now has full help built-in - you need never RTFM again.
- Configuration API: configuration still not simple enough for you? Now you can automate it using XML-RPC!
- External Database Support: migrating to external databases is now supported with a simple wizard, and upgrades are easier.
- Automatic Configuration Backups: out-of-the-box Pulse will take care of your configuration for you by backing it up daily.
- Git Support: basic Git support has been added via a new plugin, to be extended soon.
- Much more: literally dozens of smaller features and improvements that didn't make this list.
(Note: Opinions expressed in this article and its replies are the opinions of their respective authors and not those of DZone, Inc.)