Oracle Enterprise Pack for Eclipse Now Available
Extends Tooling Component of Oracle® Fusion Middleware with Initial Release of Java EE Plug-ins
Redwood Shores, CA - August 27, 2008
- Furthering its dedication to providing Java developers productivity with choice, Oracle today announced the Oracle® Enterprise Pack for Eclipse, a new component of Oracle Fusion Middleware. This release marks the first free Eclipse 3.4 environment to support Oracle WebLogic Server 10g Release 3.
- Oracle Enterprise Pack for Eclipse is the latest in a series of products that combine technology from Oracle Fusion Middleware and BEA Systems. These products illustrate the rapid progress that Oracle is making in combining market-leading technologies from the two companies into a unified product offering.
- For organizations using the Eclipse IDE, Oracle Enterprise Pack for Eclipse delivers a certified set of Eclipse plug-ins to accelerate database, Java, Java Enterprise Edition (Java EE) and Oracle WebLogic Server development.
- Key new development features of Oracle WebLogic Server are supported by this release, including FastSwap, the ability to redefine Java classes without redeployment; helping developers streamline lengthy iterative development cycles.
Enhancing Developer Productivity
- With Oracle Enterprise Pack for Eclipse, Eclipse 3.4, Eclipse 3.3 and Oracle WebLogic Sever customers can develop, debug and deploy applications to Oracle WebLogic Server 10g R3, in addition to earlier versions, either locally or remotely.
- Oracle Enterprise Pack for Eclipse will be the basis for Oracle’s strategic Eclipse offering, combining the best Java EE development features of Oracle Workshop for WebLogic and Oracle’s independent contributions to the Eclipse platform.
- With the release of Oracle Enterprise Pack for Eclipse and Oracle Workshop for WebLogic Server, Oracle continues to provide a versatile portfolio of open source and private source productivity tools enabling Java developers to reduce project development time while improving quality.
- A Strategic Developer and Eclipse Foundation Board Member, Oracle has a long-standing history of active participation in the Eclipse community. Oracle currently leads several Eclipse-based projects including:
Eclipse Persistence Services (EclipseLink)
- Register now for Oracle Develop, the premier developer program at Oracle OpenWorld 2008, September 21-23 in San Francisco to learn more about Oracle and Eclipse.
Supporting Quote“Continuing to enhance Oracle’s Eclipse developer tools for Oracle Fusion Middleware demonstrates our commitment to providing developers productivity with choice," said Ted Farrell, chief architect and senior vice president, Tools and Middleware, Oracle. “The Oracle Enterprise Pack for Eclipse helps to expand our offerings for the Eclipse and open source developer community.”
- To download Oracle Enterprise Pack for Eclipse. Terms, conditions and restrictions apply.
- About Oracle Fusion Middleware
- Oracle Develop
- Oracle and Eclipse
- Oracle and Open Source
- The Eclipse Foundation
About OracleOracle (NASDAQ: ORCL) is the world’s largest enterprise software company. For more information about Oracle, please visit our Web site at http://www.oracle.com. TrademarkOracle is a registered trademark of Oracle Corporation and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners. # # # Contact Info
Meredith ObendorferBlanc and Otus for Oracleemail@example.com