OpenXava 4m4: Turn JPA Entities Into an AJAX Application
OpenXava is a productive way for creating AJAX Enterprise Applications with Java. You only have to write the Model (JPA entities). The Controllers are reused, and the View are generated automatically. OpenXava is not for rapid prototiping but for developing real life applications ready for production. It does not use code generation.
This new milestone (4m4) toward 4.0 has:
- The user can minimize and restore any frame, storing the frame status by user.
- Delete action for collections and list is shown in each row.
- New in-each-row attribute in <action/> to show actions for list mode or collection in each row.
- @Tree annotation and TreeView editor for displaying collections using a tree.
- More intuitive 'search' action. Now it uses a dialog to ask for the search data.
- It is possible to define default values for tabs (tabular data) at global level with the new tabs-default-values.xml.
- Frames are right and left justified.
- New ManyToMany controller for creating new elements from a many to many collection.
- ... moreover more than 30 new feature and fixes.
Download this new OpenXava version.
(Note: Opinions expressed in this article and its replies are the opinions of their respective authors and not those of DZone, Inc.)