OpenXava 2.2.5: Framework for Rapid Enterprise Java
is a Framework to develop J2EE business applications rapidly and easily.
It's based in business components defined with XML.
Feature rich and flexible since it's used for years to create
business applications. Using OpenXava you can create really complex
real life business applications.
Generates POJO Hibernate EJB2 and EJB3
Some new features of version 2.2.5 are:
- New <on-change-search /> element for <reference-view/> to overwrite the default action for searching when the user type the key.
- New before-each-request attribute for <action/> in controllers.xml.
- Text field editor for numeric data improved.
- New utility class Emails to facilitate the use of JavaMail.
- The cmp-type attribute of property-mapping supports to use all Java wrappers of java.lang and java.math without package.
- MapFacade is not autocommit by default from now on. It's needed to put mapFacadeAutoCommit=true in xava.properties for autocommit.
- New method MapFacade.commit to force a commit when MapFacade is working without auto commit.
- CRUD.new action now restore by default the model of the view to the current module model.
- Hibernate updated to 3.2.5.
- When an action throws an exception all messages (not errors) added by the action are not shown.
- Preference database supports Oracle.
- Hide rows action is no longer shown on collections.
- New StringTimeConverter.
- A lot of new features and fixes over 2.2.4: Look at change log .
(Note: Opinions expressed in this article and its replies are the opinions of their respective authors and not those of DZone, Inc.)