OpenWGA Java Web CMS Goes 5.2
OpenWGA is a GPL-licensed "All-in-one" solution for Java-based Web Content Management.
The second feature release on top of the OpenWGA 5 CMS Platform introduces the following:
- Support for hosting content on PostgreSQL database server
- Drag&drop local images to content manager browser app to instantly publish them (which in fact is very neat. See it in action here)
- Direct publishing of CMS designs and plugins from our Developer Studio IDE to live servers
- Support for CMS interoperability standard "CMIS" as a CMIS AtomPub server as well as CMIS client (Enterprise Edition only)
- Better HTTP support for video streaming
- Predefinitions of content management schemas
Additionally we now also offer our software in a Debian package repository which makes installing and updating an OpenWGA CMS Server a snap for Debian/Ubuntu users. But the best way to try the platform, in case you are interested, is still our OpenWGA developer studio IDE which comes with a full-fledged embedded CMS server.
(In case you are wondering: The acronym "WGA" of our solution - originally meaning "Webgate Anywhere" - is in fact older than the Microsoft pendant. WGA has been around on the german CMS market for almost 10 years now and has no relations whatsoever to any later appearing anti-piracy systems :-)
(Note: Opinions expressed in this article and its replies are the opinions of their respective authors and not those of DZone, Inc.)