The NetBeans team is pleased to announce that NetBeans IDE 6.9 Milestone 1 is now available for download.
Highlights of this stabilized development build include:
- NetBeans Platform OSGi interoperability
- New Maven project archetypes available
- Easy import of OSGi bundles for use in Ant projects
- Java Editor
- Support for annotation processors
- Over 60 new hints added
- Java EE
- Support for Contexts and Dependency Injection
- Simplified REST Web Services consumption in NetBeans RCP and Java client applications
- Java Web Applications
- Initial support for Spring 3 framework
- Automatic import for Java classes and tag libraries in JSP code completion
- Web Languages
- CSS refactoring and enhanced code completion
- Zend Framework support
- Enhanced code formatting options
- Gems indexing
- Support for Makefiles: Editor, navigator, run targets
- Virtual functions: Multiple hyperlinks, annotations
Visit the NetBeans 6.9 New and Noteworthy page to learn more about all the features available in this milestone build. The final release of NetBeans IDE 6.9 is planned for Summer 2010.
As always, tell us what you think about the NetBeans IDE! Share your thoughts on our mailing lists and forums. If you blog about NetBeans add your blog to Planet NetBeans. Follow NetBeans on Twitter for updates from the NetBeans team.