MercurialEclipse 1.6.0: Enterprise Codebases with Ease
We are pleased to announce the availability of MercurialEclipse 1.6.0, the definitive Mercurial Plugin for the Eclipse IDE.
- 1.6.0 comes with a full rewrite of the multi-project support, which results in incomparable performance and usability optimization for the enterprise world. Operations on huge repos, that took 10 minutes in earlier versions, now take just 10 seconds!
- Full support for multiple Eclipse projects under one Mercurial root.
- Better repository management: improved Clone Wizard, Repositories View and project repository settings.
- Added first draft of the full-text history search. Now you can grep for any string in the entire repository history.
- History View usability improvements:
- New bisect feature.
- File status decorations: added/removed/changed.
- Highlighting for merge commits.
- Tag info for single file history.
- History navigation up to the root.
- New context menus to compare/open/replace with parent/other file versions.
- For Windows users: Mercurial was updated to the 1.4.3 version. Also, Mercurial documentation and man pages were integrated into the Eclipse help. You can now work now completely offline, and never have to leave Eclipse.
- And, as usual, various performance-, usability improvements, and bug fixes in all areas.
- Download MercurialEclipse via our Eclipse Update Site.
- Learn more in the MercurialEclipse project homepage.
- Also, consider installing codeBeamer Eclipse Studio to take your offline workflow to a whole new level.
- Tweet us your stories and questions on MercurialEclipse. Looking forward to hear from you.
(Note: Opinions expressed in this article and its replies are the opinions of their respective authors and not those of DZone, Inc.)