It is LiquiBase 1.0's first birthday, but you get the gift: LiquiBase 1.7.0 is now available. LiquiBase is a Java-based LGPL-licensed database change management tool.
Short (6 minutes) overview of LiquiBase and its capabilities:
Major changes include:
- Added loadData change which allows importing of data from CSV files
- Added support for changelog parameters for more dynamic and flexible change logs
- Allow preconditions in changeSet tags to act as sanity checks during a database update
- Can export data with generateChangeLog
- Added markNextChangeSetRan command
- Added validCheckSum tag to changeSet
- Can use any refactoring tags or reference previous changeSets inside a rollback tag
- Allow custom preconditions
- RowMapper interface is now public
- Misc bug fixes
The core library can be downloaded from http://www.liquibase.org/download while the Maven, Grails, and IntelliJ plug-ins can be installed from their respective plug-in managers.
(Note: Opinions expressed in this article and its replies are the opinions of their respective authors and not those of DZone, Inc.)