JPPF Grid Computing Platform v1.5
In this version:
- Tasks can now be defined from existing code using annotations
- A new, simplified API for defining and submitting tasks was implemented
- These features are documented at this location
- The amount of logging on disconnection events from the server was reduced to a manageable level
- Multiple bugs were fixed that prevented the nodes from running as services.
- Multiple fixes were made to the JPPF screensaver.
About JPPF: JPPF is an open source Grid Computing platform written in Java that makes it easy to run applications in parallel, and speed up their execution by orders of magnitude. Write once, deploy once, execute everywhere!
JPPF has many outstanding features:
- a JPPF grid can be up and running in minutes
- highly scalable, distributed framework for the execution of Java tasks
- leverages JCA 1.5 to integrate with leading J2EE application servers
- easy programming model that abstracts the complexity of distributed and parallel processing
- graphical and programmatic tools for fine-grained monitoring and administration
- fault-tolerance and self-repair capabilities ensure the highest level of service and reliability
- a set of fully documented sample applications, demonstrating the use of JPPF on real-life problems
- very flexible open-source licensing
- and more ....
(Note: Opinions expressed in this article and its replies are the opinions of their respective authors and not those of DZone, Inc.)