jLiveID - Get Access to the Windows Live ID service from within Java Applications.
jProductivity has released jLiveID, a free library that provides an essential API to allow access to the Windows Live ID service from within Java applications. jLiveID makes it possible for Java developers to create identity-aware applications and online services and offer personalized access to such applications' content to any of the millions potentially registered Windows Live ID users. jLiveID enables authentication (logon) into the Windows Live ID service and subsequent acquisition of Security Token.
jLiveID utilizes the Windows Live ID Web Service by exposing it through the jLiveID API. jLiveID requires no knowledge of SOAP programming.
Main features of jLiveID are:
* Prepares SOAP request according to supplied arguments and calls the Live ID Web Service.
* Analyzes SOAP response to obtain major properties of SecurityToken.
* Analyzes SOAP fault to obtain error details and compose detailed error message.
* 100% Java implementation. No native libraries required.
jLiveID can be used by software vendors to:
* Add single sign-on functionality into their applications and online services.
* Get Web Services access to various online applications like Microsoft Dynamics CRM.
jLiveID has been verified for Windows 2000/2003/XP/Vista, Solaris/ SPARC, Linux (Red Hat/SuSE/Debian/Ubuntu), and Mac OS X.
Visit jProductivity's web site to get jLiveID without charge:
# # #
About jProductivity, L.L.C.:
jProductivity, LLC is a New York-based software company founded by experienced system analysts and developers. Since 2004, the company have been making tools and specialized solutions for software developers and software publishers. jProductivity is a developer of the leading multi-platform protection and licensing software solutions.
(Note: Opinions expressed in this article and its replies are the opinions of their respective authors and not those of DZone, Inc.)