JFXtras Core 0.4 Release
I am pleased to announce the 0.4 release of the JFXtras project. This is a pretty significant release for the project, which includes quite a bit of new functionality, as well as a new project subdivision.
The JFXtras project has been split into the following three subprojects:
- JFXtras Core - Contains everything you need to quickly and easily build rich JavaFX applications. This includes Layouts, UI Controls, Shapes, Borders, Utilities, etc.
- JFXtras Test - This provides a comprehensive unit and UI test suite along with wrappers for running from the command line or a visual client (coming soon).
- JFXtras Samples - This is a new project dedicated to providing high quality JavaFX samples to teach the language and bootstrap innovation. More on this coming in the next few weeks, but if you are interested in contributing or helping out let me know.
The release today is for JFXtras Core, which is now Java 1.5 compatible, and includes some brand new features courtesy of Jim Clarke. This includes a wide assortment of styleable Borders:
As well as:
- Styleable ScrollBars and ScrollViews
- A JSON Handler to automagically populate JavaFX objects from a remote connection
Which is in addition to a whole slew of other cool features including:
- A new Constraints system for specifying how nodes are laid out with a uniform API
- Significant updates to the JFXtras Grid
- New resizable layouts including: ResizableCustomNode, ResizableImageView, ResizableMediaView, ResizableHBox, ResizableVBox, and updates to ResizableRectangle
- A new version of the Shapes library
- An ImageFix class that resolves backgroundLoading issues and an ImageUtility class to help with common operations
- Defect fixes for Shapes, Dialogs, and others
Thanks to the whole JFXtras crew for putting together another huge release!
(Note: Opinions expressed in this article and its replies are the opinions of their respective authors and not those of DZone, Inc.)