Java Power Tools Author John Smart Comes to the UK
The course is an intensive 5-day workshop, with a mixture of teaching and lab exercises. You will learn how to implement modern Agile best practices for Java development within your own organisation. Each day starts with a discussion of Agile development practices and covers what tools and techniques you can use to support these practices.
LEARN HOW TO:
- Use Maven effectively to improve your development productivity and code quality, promote better software architecture, and improve team communication.
- Understand the issues around dependency management in Java development, and be able to implement declarative dependency management in a corporate environment.
- Know how to write effective unit tests and understand how to use unit testing practices to write more reliable code faster.
- Understand how to use Behaviour-Driven Development to write better designed, more maintainable and more reliable code.
- Be able to write automated database and web interface tests.
- Understand how to use code quality and test coverage metrics to improve your code, and understand what the various metrics can tell you, and also what they can't.
- Have a solid working knowledge of Subversion in the real world, and how to best use it in a Continuous Integration environment.
- Know how to set up a working Continuous Integration server, complete with automated builds, tests, code quality audits and reports, and automatic deployment to an integration server.
Are you are a Java developer and you want to learn how to implement modern Agile best practices for Java development within your own organisation? And do you Like the look of this course? Then go register now and claim your 25% DZone community discount! Simply quote DZONE-SM25-JS in the Promo Code field when registering for this course and your 25% DZone community discount will automatically be applied.
(Note: Opinions expressed in this article and its replies are the opinions of their respective authors and not those of DZone, Inc.)