ItsNat v0.6. AJAX Web Application Framework
ItsNat, Natural AJAX, is an open source Java AJAX Component based Web Application Framework.
In this release, ItsNat has been heavily refactored to prepare it to support the feature “full remote control”. In full remote control two or more users can interact on the “same web page”, when a user clicks on his web page other users will see the web page updated as if the page was clicked by them. Until now ItsNat supports “remote views”, only one user can work in his page the rest can observe what is happening.
Actually “full remote control” capability is present in v0.6 but not enabled, needs more work for instance to deal with “collisions”. If you need this feature now, contact with me to know how to enable it.
More features have been added like:
- Final support of “modal layers” (ItsNatModalLayer). A modal layer is used to simulate modal windows in single web page applications. This feature works in all supported browsers including Opera Mini and Pocket IE (WM 6 & 6.1) and in pure SVG pages.
- Improved default renderers.
- Event capturing simulation in MSIE 6+
- Event capturing and bubbling simulation in Pocket IE (WM 6 & 6.1). Support of this browser has been highly improved, including speed, bugs and reduction of blinks.
- Improved default in place edition. It works in all browsers including Opera Mini and Pocket IE.
- Event listener chain control (ItsNatEventListenerChain). Possible uses including event filter, exception capturing, open and close transactions etc.
- Now the developer has control of the response when session is expired or page not found or page lost (usually timeout) in normal requests and remote view/control.
- Comet is now event based.
- New supported browsers like NetFront 3.4, S60WebKit since S60 3rd FP1 (the oldest version), S40WebKit (since S40 6th v0.9, first release), IE Mobile 6 of WM 6.1.4 (IE 6 on 6), Internet Explorer v8 etc.
- Fixed some bugs and added more workarounds to avoid browser bugs.
- New methods and interfaces.
- Manual and Feature Showcase (online demo) updated with new features and APIs. For instance the functional test example is now deterministic, can be as fast as possible and works in all supported browsers by ItsNat. Another example is remote view/control example, now you can optionally ask to the remote user if he/she wants to be “spied”.
More details in RELEASE NOTES.
What is the feature or component you are waiting for?
Does your browser (with AJAX) work with ItsNat?
(Note: Opinions expressed in this article and its replies are the opinions of their respective authors and not those of DZone, Inc.)