The IBM WebSphere Application Server V7 Feature Pack for OSGi Applications and Java Persistence API 2.0 is now GA & enables productivity through a simplified component model and delivers enhanced performance through new relational database access standards.
Some highlights of what is delivered:
- Support for development and deployment of enterprise applications using OSGi
- Support for Enterprise OSGi specs around Web application, Blueprint and JPA
- The ability to update the individual bundles in an OSGi applications
- Support for integrating OSGi and Java EE applications using SCA
- Support for Java Persistence API 2, both from Java EE and OSGi applications
- Development tooling for OSGi and JPA2 via the Rational Application Developer beta
- Good performance increase measured using the SPECjEnterprise2010 benchmark.
For more Information and to Download
Also check out these blogs/articles post:
Ian Robinson -IBM Distinguished Engineer, working in WebSphere development on transaction processing architecture and strategy- "OSGi and SCA come together in the WebSphere OSGi Application Feature Pack"
Zoe Slattery -IBM Technology Evangelist - Innovations within reach: Are we ready for enterprise OSGi?
June 19th - Zoe Slattery will be at the SAP mentors summit talking about Enterprise OSGi in Apache Aries
June 26th - Mark Nuttall will be giving an Apache Aries presentation at the London Java Community Unconference.
Follow us on Twitter: WebSphereEmerge