IBM WebSphere Application Server V7 Feature Pack for OSGi Applications and Java Persistence API 2.0 is now GA
The IBM WebSphere Application Server V7 Feature Pack for OSGi Applications and Java Persistence API 2.0 is now GA & enables productivity through a simplified component model and delivers enhanced performance through new relational database access standards.
Some highlights of what is delivered:
- Support for development and deployment of enterprise applications using OSGi
- Support for Enterprise OSGi specs around Web application, Blueprint and JPA
- The ability to update the individual bundles in an OSGi applications
- Support for integrating OSGi and Java EE applications using SCA
- Support for Java Persistence API 2, both from Java EE and OSGi applications
- Development tooling for OSGi and JPA2 via the Rational Application Developer beta
- Good performance increase measured using the SPECjEnterprise2010 benchmark.
For more Information and to Download
Also check out these blogs/articles post:
Ian Robinson -IBM Distinguished Engineer, working in WebSphere development on transaction processing architecture and strategy- "OSGi and SCA come together in the WebSphere OSGi Application Feature Pack"
Zoe Slattery -IBM Technology Evangelist - Innovations within reach: Are we ready for enterprise OSGi?
June 19th - Zoe Slattery will be at the SAP mentors summit talking about Enterprise OSGi in Apache Aries
June 26th - Mark Nuttall will be giving an Apache Aries presentation at the London Java Community Unconference.
Follow us on Twitter: WebSphereEmerge
(Note: Opinions expressed in this article and its replies are the opinions of their respective authors and not those of DZone, Inc.)