FEST-Swing 1.0b1: GUI Testing Made Easy
FEST-Swing is an Open Source Java library, released under the Apache 2.0 license, that provides a fluent interface for functional Swing GUI testing. This library provides an easy-to-use API that makes creation and maintenance of GUI tests easy.
We are proud to announce the release of FEST-Swing 1.0-Beta1. This release includes many bug fixes and new features, including support for testing Java applets, killing running GUI tests using 'CTRL ALT A', common-use component matchers, and more:
- Fixed issue 11: Add support for Java applets.
- Fixed issue 14: Test 'shouldApproveFileSelection' in JFileChooserFixtureTest fails on Mac OS X.
- Fixed issue 146: JPopupMenuFixture#menuItemWithPath. Many thanks to Juhos Csaba-Zsolt.
- Fixed issue 158: Ability to set global component matcher. Many thanks to vnguyen.sqa.
- Fixed issue 165: JMenuItemFixture.click() not working. Many thanks to Simeon Fitch.
- Fixed issue 166: [PATCH] Add GenericFixture from Simeon Fitch. Many thanks to Simeon Fitch.
- Fixed issue 167: JListFixture#cellReader and similar methods should be modified to return the fixture. Many thanks to Juhos Csaba-Zsolt.
- Fixed issue 173: ContainerFixture.comboBox().select() fails to close comboBox *sometimes*. Many thanks to fred76131.
- Fixed issue 174: Add support for interrupting/killing tests - Patch from Simeon Fitch. Many thanks to Simeon Fitch.
- Fixed issue 177: JTableCellFixture#enterValue(String) with JComboBox as editor. Many thanks to Juhos Csaba-Zsolt.
- Fixed issue 179: JTreeFixture#separator(String) and similar methods should be modified to return the fixture. Many thanks to Juhos Csaba-Zsolt.
- Moved abstract methods in
org.fest.swing.fixture.ComponentFixtureto the interfaces
- Moved classes
- Replaced method
pressAndReleaseKey(int keyCode, int modifiers)with
pressAndReleaseKey(int keyCode, int... modifiers)in
- Removed all methods related to keyboard input simulation from
NullPointerExceptionwhen a method argument has null as its value.
IndexOutOfBoundsExceptionwhen an index is out of bounds (e.g. the row index in a
Here are some useful links:
Also, check what people are saying about FEST!
Feedback is always appreciated :)
(Note: Opinions expressed in this article and its replies are the opinions of their respective authors and not those of DZone, Inc.)