Diagramming Library yFiles for Java 2.9
yWorks, a leading provider of diagramming components for Java, Adobe Flex and .NET applications, has released yFiles for Java 2.9, the new major release of its outstanding Java class library for analysis, automatic layout, and visualization of diagrams, networks, and graphs.
This release includes new functionality, like:
- A new layout algorithm that can break apart a given graph into a set of smaller graphs so that each layout of a small graph fits into a given width and height.
- New smart label models enable free label placement of node labels and edge labels.
- New dedicated support for interactive snapping of labels that use the new label models.
- New support for rendering hints provide fine-grained control over rendering details of graph elements.
- ...many layout improvements, great and small.
For more information on features and functionality, please see the
yFiles for Java home page.
Request a 30-day evaluation version and
test yFiles for Java now.
Also, please take a look at the yFiles demos page to see applications and demos that show the yFiles layouting facility in real-time.
yWorks specializes in the development of professional software solutions that enable the clear visualization of diagrams and networks. yWorks has brought together efficient data structures, complex algorithms, and advanced techniques that provide excellent user interaction. Our yFiles product family offers high-quality diagramming for Java and .NET applications as well as for browser applications based on Adobe Flex, Microsoft Silverlight, or AJAX technology.
(Note: Opinions expressed in this article and its replies are the opinions of their respective authors and not those of DZone, Inc.)