Complex Document Layouts, 3D Rotated Images & Arabic Texts Rendering Support
What's New in this Release?
Aspose development team is happy to announce the monthly release of Aspose.Words for Java &.NET 14.4.0. This month release adds Improvements to TXT import capabilities and rendering of Arabic texts as well as complex document layouts. It implements Gradient fill with transparency rendering in PDF along with 3D rotated DrawingML shapes (and images) rendering inside .NET and Java Applications. Moreover, this release also improved handling of themes, list styles and building blocks when joining documents, Added support of text frames in ODT import/export, better support of tab stops and underlines in HTML import/export and many others. Previously, when there was no mail merge region defined in template document and simple mail merge was performed using an empty data source after specifying MailMergeCleanupOptions.RemoveUnusedRegions, Aspose.Words used to produce an empty output document. This was because simple mail merge is technically a particular case of mail merge with regions where the whole document acts as a single region. Now starting with this release, simple mail merge is no more affected by the MailMergeCleanupOptions.RemoveUnusedRegions option since it is meaningless to produce empty documents. Previously, when ImageSaveOptions.ImageColorMode or ImageSaveOptions.ImageBrightness was set to non-default values, the output image had always 32BppArgb pixel format. Now, ImageSaveOptions.PixelFormat is taken into account and the output image tries to keep that format. However, pixel format of the output image may be changed by GDI+ while saving. For example, the 8bpp is indexed pixel format, and GDI+ has some limitations when working with such format. In this case, when you want to save to 8bpp GrayScale image, unfortunately because of GDI+ limitations it is not possible. The list of new and improved features in this release are listed below
- Improvements to rendering of Arabic texts
- Improvements to rendering of complex document layouts
- Improved handling of themes, list styles and building blocks when joining documents
- Added support of text frames in ODT import/export
- Improvements in TXT import capabilities
- Gradient fill with transparency rendering in PDF implemented
- 3D rotated DrawingML shapes (and images) rendering implemented
- Better support of tab stops and underlines in HTML import/export
- Underline tab characters are missed in output HTML
- Support HTML round-trip of underline tab characters
- Aspose.Words white space preserving is fixed while loading HTML document
- To add support of text frames in ODT import/export
- DrawingML // Implement Content Controls rendering
- MHTML to Pdf conversion issue with background image
- Altchunk contents are not preserved during open/save Docx
- Add feature to import Building Blocks from one document to another
- Background of DrawingML is now preserved in PDF
- Image height/width are now preserved during open/save a RTF
- Tabstop becomes outside of a table in output HTML if it's a last character in the last table cell
- Support gradient fill with transparency
- While converting doc to html, text alignment disturbed.
- Transparency of objects lost when Docx is converted to PDF
- Import back dummy tabs
- RTF to PDF conversion issue with table borders is fixed
- Rotation settings of a DML are discarded when rendering to PDF
- Wrap OfficeMath equation upon rendering if there is not enough space.
- Floating shape is fixed after section break overlaps following content in HTML export
- Hyperlink to file now export correctly
- Track Formatting option is now preserved during open/save a document
- StylePaneFormatFilterSettings writing problem is resolved
- List numbering continuity issues is fixed
- Shape width/height is change issue is fixed after conversion from RTF to Docx
- Text document with form feeds/page breaks is now rendering to PDF correctly
- Doc to Pdf conversion issue is fixed with Code39 font
- Horisontal gradient fill is fixed and now work inside Smart Art.
- Linked image lost is fixed while converting from html to pdf.
- Use internally (value-type) long instead of (reference-type) Size and SizeF for performance and memory optimization.
- Filter lost is fixed in Cmyk image.
- Logo missing in top left corners of pages from Pdf is fixed
- Language information of the 'Field with CARDTEXT switch' is lost upon calling UpdateFields
- Shape with BehindText wrapping is shifted towards right in HTML
- Html to Doc conversion issue with table width, border and cell merge
- Contents misplacement is fixed after conversion from Doc to ODT
- UpdateFields now updates the REF field values correctly
- Document.Save truncate the Hyperlink
- Vertical alignment of table's cell is changed from Center to Top after conversion from Html to Docx is now fixed
- Docx to Pdf conversion issue is resolved with line shape rendering
- Paragraphs in even/odd page headers dislocation is fixed in Pdf
- Extra dots appearance is fixed after saving document as PDF
- Some text in Paragraph is now correctly made Bold when exporting to HTML
- Document.AppendDocument change the color of charts is fixed
- Heading text gets bold after being written into a template document is now fixed
- STYLEREF fields in Header/Footer error messages are fixed when saving to PDF
- Arabic character (ا) missing is fixed from word علاالله in PDF
- Objects filled with pattern disappear after transparent Glyphs in PDF.
- Document rendering in multiple pages is fixed when use special font character
- An HTML part of an MHTML document is imported using the Windows-1252 encoding instead of UTF-8 is now fixed
- Opening and saving word document causes a bullet list to become a number list is fixed
- Table header now render correctly in Pdf file
- Txt file to Pdf conversion issue is resolved with text (asterisk)
- Extra lines appearance is fixed after re-saving the Doc file
- UpdateFields now include items formatted with a custom style
Other most recent bug fixes are also included in this release
Newly added documentation pages and articlesSome new tips and articles have now been added into Aspose.Words for .NET documentation that may guide you briefly how to use Aspose.Words for performing different tasks like the followings.
- How to Print a Document with Settings and Print Preview Dialog
- Mail Merge using 'Mustache' Template Syntax
Aspose.Words is a word processing component that enables .NET, Java & Android applications to read, write and modify Word documents without using Microsoft Word. Other useful features include document creation, content and formatting manipulation, mail merge abilities, reporting features, TOC updated/rebuilt, Embedded OOXML, Footnotes rendering and support of DOCX, DOC, WordprocessingML, HTML, XHTML, TXT and PDF formats (requires Aspose.Pdf). It supports both 32-bit and 64-bit operating systems. You can even use Aspose.Words for .NET to build applications with Mono.
More about Aspose.Words
- Homepage Aspose.Words for .NET
- Homepage Java Word Library
- Demos for Aspose.Words
- Online documentation of Aspose.Words
(Note: Opinions expressed in this article and its replies are the opinions of their respective authors and not those of DZone, Inc.)