Click Web Framework 1.5 M2: ActionListener, ControlRegistry, and More
Click 1.5 Milestone 2 is available for download. This is the second installment in the 1.5 development branch and provides important new features and bug fixes.
Thanks to all users and developers for their contributions to this release.
- Click Home
- Roadmap and Changes
- Upgrade Path - please see the upgrade path when upgrading from 1.4 or earlier.
- Download Click1.5
- Maven bundles
- Live examples
Click is a stateless, page and component oriented Java web framework. For a quick introduction on how it feels programming with Click, please see our introductory article.
Highlights for this release:
- ActionListener - new interface provides compile time safety and support for code refactoring tools.
- ControlRegistry - enables two phase listener dispatch, which allows Controls to bind request parameters before listeners are fired.
- Introduced a new resource deployment strategy for Jars containing Page and Component resources.
- Added a new PageButton control .
- Added Romanian property files. This issue was raised and fixed by Marius Petrus .
- Add width support to TabbedPanel control .
- Add ClickUtils autoPostRedirect() method to support SAML integration .
- Renamed Container.add(int, Control) to Container.insert(Control, int) .
- Update Form to use control message bundles for label required prefix/suffix .
- Update HtmlStringBuffer to support method chaining. This issue was raised by Demetrios Kyriakis .
- Updated Menu to only be cached in production or profile modes. .
- Moved AbstractContainerField control to Click Extras. .
- Fixed TabbedPanel bug whereby inactive panel HTML imports are included in page .
- Fixed bug when manually invalidating HttpSession .
- Fixed PropertySelect add ordering to query bug .
- Fixed message properties to resolve all parent messages .
- Fixed Labels not rendering in a FieldSet bug .
- Fixed Form removeField throws IllegalArgumentException bug .
- Fixed bug where Format is not available in template of stateful pages. .
The Click team.
(Note: Opinions expressed in this article and its replies are the opinions of their respective authors and not those of DZone, Inc.)