Aspose.Newsletter December 2012 Edition is Out Now
Aspose Newsletter for December 2012 has now been published that highlights all the newly supported features offered in the recent releases of its JasperReports exporters, SQL Server rendering extensions, .NET, Java & SharePoint components. This month’s technical article shows migration to Aspose.Slides for Java 3.0.0 & a migration tip for finding and replacing Text with Aspose.Slides for .NET vs VSTO. The video tutorial shows how to merge two presentations with Aspose.Slides for Java.
If you’ve been visiting Aspose.com recently you’ll know that we released Aspose.Slides for Java 3.0.0 last month. This is the first version of Aspose.Slides for Java that’s been autoported from Aspose.Slides for .NET. We, and many of our customers, are excited about this release because it brings a host of new features to our Java users: printing presentations, PPT to PPTX conversion and support for charts, to mention some. From now on, we’ll match each Aspose.Slides for .NET release with an Aspose.Slides for Java release. Our .NET and Java customers get the same features at the same time. It is a great step forward for our users and it’s great for us too: we only have one code base to maintain so we can focus on new features.
Special Holiday Offer: 25% off Aspose.TotalAspose.Slides is one of the products included in Aspose.Total. In honor of the holidays, we’re offering 25% off Aspose.Total until the end of January. Simply quote XMAS2012NL when placing your order. The discount applies to purchases only and is not valid for renewals. Place order here
Product Spotlight: Aspose.Slides
AsAspose.Slides helps you work with Microsoft PowerPoint files from within your own applications. Use Aspose.Slides for SSRS or JasperReports to export reports to native Microsoft PowerPoint presentations. Use Aspose.Slides for SharePoint to convert PowerPoint presentations to other file formats, like PDF. Or use Aspose.Slides for .NET or Java to create, convert and manipulate presentations from within .NET or Java applications. Create slide stacks, automate monthly presentations, convert to images or change formatting, content and images. Aspose.Slides gives you the control you need. Download a trial. Click here to download the latest version.
Technical Article – Migrating to Aspose.Slides for Java 3.0.0
Aspose.Slides for Java 3.0.0 has a lot of new features. To facilitate automatic porting, we had to restructure the API and change a number of method names. To help you update your code, we’ve listed all the changes and written a detailed article about migration. Click below to read the complete article.
Updates about new Product Releases
- Aspose.Total for .NET – a compilation of our latest .NET products.
- Aspose.Cells for .NET 7.3.4 – supports OpenOffice 3D charts and enhances performance.
- Aspose.Words for .NET 11.9.0 – our monthly Aspose.Words release.
- Aspose.Slides for .NET 6.8.0 - lets you identify hidden slides in a PPT file and fixes a number of little issues.
- Aspose.BarCode for .NET 5.2.0 – adds support for ECC 2D barcodes, custom barcode width and a number of other enhancements.
- Aspose.Diagram for .NET 2.8.0 – adds support for the OneD property and refreshing record sets.
- Aspose.Tasks for .NET 4.8.0 - enhances image rendering by making it easy to write a project to a multipage TIFF or writing a Gantt chart to one image.
- Aspose.OCR for .NET 1.3.0 - adds noise removal for better image processing and lets you second guess on a symbol.
- Aspose.Email for .NET 2.4.0 - improves processing of very large PST files and lets you save SMTP activity files to any location.
- Aspose.Total for Java - a compilation of our latest Java products.
- Aspose.Cells for Java 7.3.4 - Supports writing a worksheet to TIFF and improves rendering.
- Aspose.Words for Java 11.9.0 - our monthly Aspose.Words release.
- Aspose.Slides for Java 3.0.0 - the first autoported version of Aspose.Slides brings a host of new features to our Java users.
- Aspose.BarCode for Java 5.2.0: supports generating barcodes with custom width.
- Aspose.Email for Java 2.3.0 - improves appointment formatting.
- Aspose.Total for SharePoint– a compilation of our latest SharePoint products.
- Aspose.Email for SharePoint 1.5.0 - convert multiple emails at a time.
- Aspose.Total for Reporting Services – a compilation of our latest Reporting Services products.
- Aspose.BarCode for SSRS 5.2.0 - improvements to GS1Datamatrix and SwissPost generation.
- Aspose.Total for JasperReports – a compilation of our latest JasperReports products.
- Aspose.Cells for JasperReports 1.1.2 - adds support for JasperReports 4.0, 4.5 and 4.7.0
Tutorial Video – Merging Two Presentations with Aspose.Slides for Java
Aspose.Slides for Java has a clever system for merging presentations: simply access the presentations you want to merge and clone the slides to a target presentation. This video tutorial shows how to merge two presentations, bringing across both slides and slide notes, using Aspose.Slides for Java. Click here to watch vidoe tutorial about Merging Two Presentations with Aspose.Slides for Java
Migration Tip – Finding and Replacing Text with Aspose.Slides for .NET vs VSTO
Sometimes, you might need to find text in a Microsoft PowerPoint presentation and replace it with a new string. Say, for example, that the name of a department changes, or a key member of staff is replaced. Instead of manually correcting every instance of a word or name, you can do it programmatically, saving time and effort. You can use VSTO but we recommend freeing yourself from Microsoft Automation and using Aspose.Slides for .NET instead. Read the complete migration tip about Finding and Replacing Text with Aspose.Slides for .NET vs VSTO.
Collect your copy of Aspose Newsletter, Sepetember 2012 edition
Keep in Touch
There are several ways for you to keep in touch with us. The monthly newsletter is a way for us to keep in touch with you, but we are always interested in hearing from you.
Aspose Pty Ltd Suite 163,
79 Longueville Road Lane Cove,
NSW, 2066 Australia
(Note: Opinions expressed in this article and its replies are the opinions of their respective authors and not those of DZone, Inc.)