Artifactory Repository Manager 2.2
Artifactory 2.2 is the next major release of the Artifactory Binaries Repository Manager. This release introduce substantial performance improvements, LDAP-based authorization and open REST API.
Artifactory is an advanced binaries repository manager for Maven, Gradle and Ivy, offering powerful enterprise features behind an intuitive, easy-to-use user interface.
This forth major release of Artifactory is focused around significant performance improvements, resource usage optimizations, and bug fixes.
Please see important update notes for this version. This release also brings a couple of new important features to Artifactory:
- Open REST API - Artifactory's RESTful resources are now public and documented. Using the REST documentation or the auto-generated WADL file, Artifactory can be controlled and automated from external tools or frameworks.
- Enterprise-grade LDAP Groups Synchronization - this new Power Pack add-on lets you manage permissions in based on you existing LDAP groups. It offers fast caching of LDAP data (which is a must for an organization with hundreds or thousands of users), flexible group synchronization strategies, multiple settings, and tight integration and feedback about LDAP users and groups throughout all security-related management screens in Artifactory.
- Support for running Artifactory under GlassFish 3
- Support for queueing concurrent downloads of the same remote resource.
- Ability to annotate repositories with administrative comments.
- Improved UI branding.
The LDAP Groups add-on joins the existing set of commercial Artifactory Power Pack add-ons, that complete Artifactory professional version with:
- Build Integration: Integrate with your CI server (currently, Hudson - more coming) to have fully traceable builds including information about used modules and dependencies.
- Smart Searches: search and aggregate artifacts, obtained from multiple search results, that can be promoted or manipulated together in one go.
- Properties: define sets of custom, structured properties in the UI and use them (via the UI or REST API) to tag artifacts and folders and to query them through a special property-search UI.
- Watches: watch selected repository items for events (add, delete, or modify), and receive focused email notifications on changes that are interesting to you and that you are allowed to see.
- WebStart & Jar Signing: have requested artifacts and their dependencies automatically signed upon request. Use JFrog's OSS JavaFX Maven plug-in to deploy your Maven projects as fully modular WebStart/JavaFX applications with reusable, auto-signed dependencies.
- Single Sign-on: reuse existing, HTTP-based, enterprise SSO integrations such as the powerful authentication schemes provided by the Apache HTTP server (mod_auth_ldap, mod_auth_ntlm, mod_auth_kerb, etc.).
The Add-ons Power Pack includes yearly maintenance and bug fixes, and all future releases of new add-ons.
You might find the following comparison table helpful for comparing the open source version to the add-ons version.
Artifactory 2.2 is available for immediate download from JFrog's web site or directly from SourceForge.
Instructions for upgrading to 2.2 from previous versions can be found here.
Subscribers of Artifactory Online, JFrog's Artifactory cloud-based services, are already upgraded to this latest version.
For a complete list of resolved issues in this version please see the JIRA.
Artifactory 2.2 is released under the LGPL v3 License.
JFrog's Artifactory Team
(Note: Opinions expressed in this article and its replies are the opinions of their respective authors and not those of DZone, Inc.)