Artifactory Maven Repository Manager 2.0
JFrog is pleased to announce the availability of Artifactory 2.0.
Artifactory is an advanced Maven repository manager, offering powerful enterprise features, such as LDAP/Active Directory integration and fine-grained permission control, behind an easy-to-use user interface.
With this second major release of Artifactory, Artifactory is 100% configurable via an Ajax web UI and is packed with many enterprise-level features out-of the box:
- Built-in UI configurable and UI-testable LDAP integration (other integrations possible via Spring Security).
- No more clear-text passwords in your Maven settings.xml - Artifactory offers auto-generated encrypted passwords, which is extremely important when using external authentication.
- Ability to undeploy complete versions and remove in one go hundreds of old artifacts deployed from the same module.
- Sophisticated role-based access control (RBAC), e.g - you can allow only certain groups to see sources.
- Sub domain administrators.
- Real time view for the effective RBAC on a selected artifact/node.
- Ability to deploy a bundle of zipped artifacts and import a Maven local repository into Artifactory.
- True undeploy with immediate Maven metadata updates.
- Real time tailing of server logs from the UI.
- Remote checksum validations.
- Built-in support for MySql.
- Imporved Tomcat install script + ability to run as a Windows Service.
- Special support to run under IBM WebSphere.
- An artadmin command-line tool for performing various administrative tasks.
- The underlying architecture to support high volumes of concurrent downloads and uploads have been updated.
- Online Help on nearly every UI element.
- Improved and complete User Guide.
The Artifactory User Guide can be found here.
You can also try the Online Demo.
Artifactory is released under the Apache License, Version 2.0.
The JFrog Artifactory Team
(Note: Opinions expressed in this article and its replies are the opinions of their respective authors and not those of DZone, Inc.)