Artifactory 2.6 is released
Important new features and changes in this version:
- Download debugging - solve artifact resolution issues by getting detailed explain plan of the download request handling in your browser.
- Latest Maven snapshot download - it is now possible to download the latest version of a Maven snapshot via a simple non-unique snapshot URL. (Pro)
- Latest version REST - Artifactory can return the latest release or integration version of an artifact for any repository layout. (Pro)
- Artifact versions REST - get all the release and/or integration versions of an artifact for any repository layout. (Pro)
- Improved replication - replication was optimized in terms of speed and overall resource consumption. Replication now uses streaming and duplicate target checksum elimination (Pro)
- Auto offline for remote repositories - a remote repository will now be auto put into temporal offline when encountering retrieval errors.
- Before/After Build callbacks - tend to build publishing events in user plugins, including the ability to modify the build info object (e.g. add new artifacts). (Pro)
- Cron-based artifact cleanup - auto artifact cleanup can now be triggered by cron instead of using a time interval.
- Custom artifact promotion - it is now possible to code custom artifact promotion logic, including interacting with builds, directly in user plugins. Promotion logic can be executed via REST or via CI integration. (Pro)
- AfterDownloadError callback - tend to download errors in user plugins. (Pro)
- Secure plugin executions - REST execution points in user plugins can be secured by specifying allowed users and/or groups. (Pro)
- Per repository archive browsing - ability to turn on archive browsing for selected trusted repositories.
- Many bug fixes and improvements
For a complete list of resolved issues please see the JIRA release notes.
Artifactory Pro 2.6.0 free trial is available for immediate download.
Instructions for upgrading to 2.6.0 from previous versions can
be found here.
The Artifactory Team
(Note: Opinions expressed in this article and its replies are the opinions of their respective authors and not those of DZone, Inc.)