Artifactory 2.2.4 Release
Notable improvements and changes in this version are:
- Performance Improvements - Lower memory footprint, better overall memory management and better JVM and storage defaults for the OOTB installation.
- Folder & Repository Replication REST API - Rsync-like replication of a remote repository or remote repository folders between two Artifactory servers via Artifactory's REST API (requires Artifactory Pro).
- Build Promotion REST API - Promote (copy/move) a CI server build published artifacts with or without dependencies from selected scopes - all via Artifactory's REST API (requires Artifactory Pro).
- Extended Support for CI server Build Integration - Build info integration supports non-numeric build numbers and better link-back to the CI server (Hudson and TeamCity with Bamboo coming up).
- Improved Code Highlighting - Better support for Gradle scripts and JavaFx code.
- Better Support for Standalone Artifactory Behind Apache - Improved request handling when running Artifactory on standalone Jetty behind Apache.
- Support for Multiple LDAP Servers - Configure authentication and/or group authorization against multiple LDAP instances (requires Artifactory Pro).
- New System Info Page - For tracking system runtime information and serving as a convenient source of information when reporting issues.
- Improved Backups - User-edited files such as artifactory system properties and the mime types are now also part of a system backup.
- Bookmarkable Tree Browser - Artifact tree nodes are fully bookmarkable and can be shared as links (copy the link from the General tab when a node is selected).
- 'Chroot' Support for UI Browsing - Ability to run Artifactory with a 'chrooted' UI browsing limiting browsing the server file system from the UI (e.g. for import/export) to a specified root path.
Artifactory 2.2.4 is available from JFrog's web site or directly from SourceForge.
Artifactory Pro Power Pack 2.2.4 Free Evaluation is also available for immediate download.
Instructions for upgrading to 2.2.4 from previous versions can be found here.
For a complete list of resolved issues in this version please see the JIRA.
The Artifactory Team
(Note: Opinions expressed in this article and its replies are the opinions of their respective authors and not those of DZone, Inc.)